Parents are asked to co-operate with the school in encouraging the wearing of the school uniform.
St Augustine’s is very proud of its school uniform. We work hard to ensure that all pupils
wear uniform and we really appreciate the support we receive from parents
We believe that it:-
- emphasises that the school is a place of work
- shows that pupils belong to a community
- shows that St Augustine’s is committed to high standards
Wearing school uniform contributes to a positive school ethos and helps avoid discrimination and reduces peer pressure to wear expensive designer clothing.
Our school uniform comprises:
- Black tailored trousers or skirts of a suitable length
- White school shirt
- School tie
- Black v-neck cardigan or v-neck jumper (no logos or brand names)
- Sensible black school shoes (no boots, including ankle boots)
- S5/6 School Blazer with school badge
The appropriate clothing and footwear for PE is a T-shirt, shorts and gym shoes with non-marking soles. These are necessary for health and safety reasons and your co-operation is requested to ensure that pupils are equipped to participate in the PE lessons.
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled, particularly blazers, ties, and PE equipment which are often lost.
Jeans, joggers, leggings, jeggings, trainers, and designer tops, caps and
boots (including ankle boots) are not appropriate school wear.
Please help us by ensuring that pupils do not bring valuable or expensive items of clothing to
If you have any queries regarding the school’s dress code, please contact the school office.
School ties are available to purchase from the school office.
Parents and carers looking to purchase the appropriate items can contact the school for more information, or alternatively items can be purchased from Aitken & Niven.